Impact communication research, training & video production
True stories of impact – seen, heard, felt
Collaborative impact communication and impact video learning & development
Social impact organizations are doing a great job in creating a better world for all of us. They’ve also learned a lot about how to measure the results and even impact they’ve achieved. But, they often fail to tell about it in an awareness-building and inspirational way. We wanted to change that. With a shared vision with our client, we begun the work in 2019.
We carried out an impact communication & video capabilities development project in Finland during June-March 2019 with great partners – and learned a lot. We concluded that not only are impact videos rare, but the whole world of social impact reporting and communication needs urgent further development. It is a fascinating field combining impact knowledge and communication skills, and closely related to developing sustainability communication. As sustainability and impact investing is gaining momentum fast, developing suitable communication to match different stakeholders’ needs require some special attention in the coming years. We are about to walk in the frontlines.
- Online learning facilitation
- Impact video concept development
- Core of impact workshops: Impact data & story
- Impact video executive production
- Impact communication training
- Impact communication & video research (report to be published)
- Collaborative impact video / impact communication learning network
- impact communication training method & development toolkit
- 100 people trained
- 5 impact story videos
Available materials (in Finnish for now):
Why is this interesting?
Social impact organizations are doing a great job in creating a better world for all of us. Social enterprises, non-profits and regenerative enterprises have started integrating impact planning, follow-up and reporting in the core of their strategy and processes. A lot of work is put into developing and showing “theories of change” – the logic of impact creation. Data is collected from various sources to support the impact models. Employees, customers, partners and investors are keen on learning and getting excited about impact.
These organizations often fail report their impact in ways that are inspirational – and informative. They have a hard time letting people really understand – in an engaging and reliable way – what kind of impact they aim towards and how well they succeed in their work. Organisations tell bits and pieces of stories and information in different channels, often times missing the logical and comprehensive picture of the why, what, how and when of impact work. They produce lengthy and in-depth, but highly non-engaging reports to funding partners. Well crafted, impactful digital stories that demonstrate the impact stories and the supporting data are rare. Job well done lacks visibility, and appropriate understanding and support from various stakeholders.
What we wanted to learn – and did
Video is best rising media to use when bringing social impact to the hearts and minds of people. But, video is not used much today in impact communication! Yes, there are actors who use video in their communication. But is impact their core message? Not very often. And certainly not very clearly. We felt it’s about time to start changing that.
- Do social enterprises and associations communicate their impact clearly in different channels and medias?
- How to bring the meaningful stories of impact alive – really seen, heard and felt? And how to, at the same time, provide important information about the wider positive impact achieved and aimed towards in a societal level?
- Do Finnish social enterprises and associations already use video and do they tell about their results and impact with videos?
- What kind of videos are best for helping people understand and develop interest or even passion towards supporting impact work more?
- What defines impactful video content?
These were some of the questions we wanted to find answers to – and did.
email@example.com Espoo, Finland +350 400 164323 VAT# FI29324615
© AIknow Agency 2019